Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Geneis 14

In today's chapter, Genesis 14, I can't say that a single verse really struck me.  What struck me was that once again, Abram puts his life on the line for his nephew.  He puts his family first.  He has a little band of just 318 men, yet when he hears his nephew has been captured he goes out and rescues him.  I guess what also really stands out to me is how Abram continually gives God the glory.

Verse:  Genesis 14:19 "and he blessed Abram saying, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth."

Even the king could see that Abram was blessed by God.  Abram listened to and obeyed God and his commands and continued to see God at work in his life.  I'm sure that his life was not always easy, and there were probably times of great frustration, but the pattern that I see is a good one...listening and obeying GOD!  I also want to follow his pattern of giving God the glory.  Too often I take things, events, or people in my life for granted.  I need to remember that it is God that makes it all happen and I should be praising and glorifying Him in and through those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment